<Larger Symbol Here>
The mission of Lachoneus.org is to help people to “Know Thine Enemy” and to “Stand Free”. Borrowing from the Book of Mormon story of the Nephite Chief Judge Lachoneus, who defeated the Secret Combination of his day, it is directed especially at members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who are commissioned to eventually overcome the World, bring forth Zion and “stand independent above all other creatures beneath the celestial world” (D&C 78:14).
While God will accomplish his Work, we are also duty-bound to proactively do our part that we may “Stand Free”.
It we who are to:
- Not yield ourselves “unto the power of Satan.” (3 Nephi 7:5)
- Struggle against “principalities, against powers, against the drulers of the edarkness of this world, against spiritual fwickedness in high places. (Ephesians 6:12)
- “Cease….to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.” (Proverbs 19:27)
- “[W]aste and awear out our lives in bringing to light all the bhidden things of darkness, wherein we know them”. (D&C 123:13).
- “[S]uffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get apower and gain” (Ether 8:23).
- That we “may cause to be felled to the earth all who shall seek to slay them because of power and secret combinations” (3 Nephi 4:29).
The story of Lachoneus is a template for Latter-Day Liberty. Among other things it teaches us that we be willing to make potentially great sacrifices to “Stand Free” and be, to the maximum extent possible, independent from the powers of darkness.
<<Both internall and externall>> Power spans both ‘domains’ of spiritual and temporal. We must break internal and external holds upon us. Work Both individually and collectively.
Join us as we work together to discover and break the bonds of the ‘iron yoke’ (D&C 123:8), to escape Babylon, to help Zion ..loose thyself from the cbands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. (Isaiah 52:2)
Remembering the promise of ultimate victory. That the Lord will destory the works of Darkness and He that fightesh against Zion shall perish. (2 Nephi 10)
Latter-Day Saints know that the Book of Mormon is inspired scripture specifically intended to address the challenges of our time. Even a casual reader can see the clear parallels to modern events, especially those taking place in America, the land of Zion. One of the most compelling parallels is the story of the Secret Combinations and Gadianton Robbers as recorded in 3rd Nephi 3-4. These two chapters detail how the Nephites defeated the Gadianton Robbers and their Secret Combinations. Their leader was Lachoneus.
This site is dedicated to exploring and encouraging the modern-day application of the principles he (and many others) taught so that we, too, may defeat the modern day Gadianton Robbers who would entrap us in their snares.
Lachoneus.org encourages Latter-Day Saints to proactively choose to maintain their independence by recognizing the danger and taking advantage of the choices entirely within their control to minimize, to the greatest extent possible, the influences of today’s Secret Combinations against them.
The author comes from a background of over 20 years in the military and intelligence career fields.